Re: U2 update

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sun, 13 Mar
2022 11:24:01 +0000

Edward,

> Am I right in thinking that the new files can be used simply as
> drop-in replacements for existing ones, and that no other editing
> needs to be done in order to use the update?

Yes, that's correct. Just unzip XYWWEBU2.ZIP (all files) into the
directory with EDITOR.EXE, overwriting the existing files. Also, unzip
U2EXTRAS.ZIP (all files) into either the directory with EDITOR.EXE or a
subdirectory thereof called "U2EXTRAS", again overwriting any existing
files. You can then either manually LOAD XYWWWEB.U2 or just quit and
restart XyWrite. Also, I would greatly appreciate it if you could check
out the new quick-start instructions, QUICK-U2.TXT, and let me know if
they are clear or could use improvement.

You may want to hold off on this update for a little while, especially
if you intend to try the version-history utility. I've come up with
what I think is a much a better procedure there. It involves virtually
no overhead and opens the door to easily adapting this facility for use
with other Windows programs. I'll probably post the update later today;
I'll post a message to the list when I do.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx