Re: Two word-processing reviews from 1985 and 1986

Thanks Carl. That's fascinating. FW

On Sat, Jun 4, 2022 at 4:49 PM Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Sat, 4 Jun 2022
10:13:54 -0400

Edward,

Thank you for sharing these essays. I enjoyed the walk down memory
lane. My favorite bit:

> David Erickson, XyWrite's chief author and holder of an advanced
> degree in wizardry, once said something like this: "Ultimately,
> the program belongs to the people who use it. I merely wrote it."

Since you've released them into the wild, I've taken the liberty of
adding both pieces to my archive of writing about XyWrite:

https://xywwweb.ammaze.net/dls/XyHistory.zip

They're combined into a single PDF file, with the total file size
reduced from 14 MB to 6 MB. If any of this does not sit well with you,
please let me know and I'll take remedial action.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx