Re: XyWrite 4 for the Mac - a first attempt

Looks great. I will test in next month or so.

Lisa

Lisa Kleinholz
413 687-7464
Lkleinholz@xxxxxxxxx
www.Kleinholz.com

On Jan 14, 2023, at 11:01, Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Here’s a DOSBox-X-based XyWrite 4 for the Mac. Just download it and run it. It will create required folder in your user folder that functions as a C: drive, and will copy a Xy4 system into it. Like the vDosPlus-based Windows version that I posted the other day, everything in it that’s worthwhile is the work of Carl Distefano, not me - and also the work of Kari Eveli who (with Carl) created the codepage 850 setup that this uses.

If you print, it will try to print to your default Mac printer. If you print to LPT3 (item 3 in the PP list in settings.dfl), it will create a PDF on your desktop. You can also run the PDF.PM program (based entirely on expert XPL programming by Carl - thank you again, Carl) to create a PDF and then return to the default printer. If anyone finds this useful I may try to expand the printer options.

I’ve also put together a vDosPlus-based version, and may post that later on if anyone wants to try it.

If you find this useful, please say so. I enjoy putting these things together as an intellectual exercise, but there’s very little point if no one uses them.