And a startup.int question...

And one more beginner-level question: ever since I started using XyWrite, I added the NR command - twice - to startup.int to get rid of the distracting ruler line. The trouble with this method is that it changes the ruler line every time I run startup.int in the middle of a session.
Is there a way to set the ruler line to a single line without running NR
twice? The answer is probably obvious to everyone, so apologies for
bandwidth-wasting.