Re: Keyboard definition question

Reply to note from Edward Mendelson <em36@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Thu, 9 Feb 2023 12:38:00 -0500

Edward,

> My questions are:
>
> 1. Is there a way to write this setting so that the Done message
> or something similar will appear on the status line?
>
> 2. Is there a way to cancel the selection as part of the command.
> I added ,ES to the end (which I think is what the Esc key does),
> but it didnt make any difference, and Im obviously forgetting
> something.

I answered these questions in an off-list message to you, but I'll repeat it here for the benefit of
others. The keyboard assignments for vDosPlus are:

Copy:
nn=BX,s,a,d,/,n,v, ,L,P,T,4,Q2

Paste:
nn=BX,m,e, ,L,P,T,4,Q2

To cancel the selection at the end of the Copy command, append ",YD" to the assignment.

These should work as well with DOSBox-X, using CLIP$ instead of LPT4.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx