Re: Two systems for running Xy4 under macOS

OK, one hurdle down. I didn't understand that XYvDosMac app has to be dragged to follow  xattr -rc(space) in Terminal and THEN run the command.

 xattr works on a filename, and dragging XyvDosMac there provides the filename.
I was running the command by itself, hence the error messages.

Now I need some guidance on getting XYvDosMac to load my working XY directory as default. When the initial options-setting screen came up, I tried to add my XY folder as drive A:, but instead it opens a B: with a sparkling new XyWrite installation.  The text is gray on blue, not my usual white on blue, but presumably that would change with my own startup and settings files.

I know to hold down Option while loading VDos to get the options screen back, but how do I point it toward my own XY directory?

Thanks.

Jon Pareles

xywrite Digest    Wed, 08 Feb 2023    Volume: 15  Issue: 020

In This Issue:
        Re: Two systems for running Xy4 under macOS

Jon,

About xattr under Monterey, enter the command:

which xattr

If the result is anything OTHER than

/usr/bin/xattr

then you somehow have a different version of the command on your system