Re: chatBots and the Turing test

Flash, et al.

I'm probably wrong, but I get the impression that Chatbots just put into good prose "the conventional wisdom" of Wikipedia and Google searches. The only AI I see is what's required to paraphrase or stitch together content provided by human minds.

Regards,
Harry

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 7:03 AM Flash <flash@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Y'all,

On 15/1/23 23:51, Martin J. Osborne wrote:
 > I find both the doggerel that John Paines got and the response that you
 > got, Carl, among the more impressive things I've seen from ChatGPT, even
 > though I wouldn't say that XyWrite is known for its advanced formatting
 > capabilities!  (I don't really know what that means, but I wouldn't say
 > that XyWrite is known at all.)  I do like the wonderful understatement
 > "XyWrite is not as widely used as Microsoft Word"!
 >
 > Martin

"A small support group" is listed as a disadvantage of XyWrite. Bah!
Humbug! This is far and away the most knowledgeable and helpful support
group I have ever met, bar none, and that includes some
psycho-therapeutic support groups. The chatBot just failed the Turing
test, IMO.

<MD FL>