Re: For Myron G. Re: XyWrite development

The task of automatically splitting windows horizontally or
vertically is rather trivial in XyWin, but required digging in the manual to discover it.
The function call MW is used to issue a Windows Function call to
the Windows system. The following XPL code will split windows horizontally:

MW ah

To split windows so that they arrange side-by-side,

MW av

To restore normal windowing,

MW wf BX d mw=0 Q2

I put these programs in a type-5 help frame in my U2 file, and
put an addition to the main menu bar in XWMENU.MNU to implement
the routines

The same can be done in XyDOS, but its slightly more complex,
because you have to explicity issue commands to size the windows.