Re: dict.spl

Way back on September 28, 1999, Nick Clifford wrote
something that might help solve my dictionary problem:

 "Make sure that in your AUTOEXEC.BAT file a line reading
something like SET
PATH=C:\XY4;%PATH%;C:\PROGRA1\NETWOR1\MCAFEE1 is inserted at
the end. If you loaded Xy4 from disks, no doubt this line
already appears. If you don't have this line, you will not
be able to use the XyWrite spelling dictionary unless you're
in the XyWrite 4 directory."

 This comment was an aside in a response to someone who had
a problem with a Dell 400 mz celeron with Win98 2nd ed, with
McAfee factory installed.

I have a different Dell with Win98 v4.10.98 and my problem
in using spellcheck while logged into any directory but xy4
predates my installing McAfee.

 I would like to try
 SET PATH=C:\XY4;%PATH%;C:\PROGRA1\NETWOR1\MCAFEE1
 in my autoexec.bat, but do I lift Nick's example whole? Do
I substitute something of my own for "PROGRA1" and
"NETWOR1"--and if so, are there any suggestions?

 Thanks in advance

 Judith Davidsen