Re: SA/RTF font

Reply to note from Si Wright  Sat, 28 Jan 2006
22:07:59 -0800 (PST)

Jon:

> Something must have been corrupted--at least the .rtf filter--
> because Carl's new SA/RTF frame now works like a breeze on my
> XP setup .

I doubt that the filter was corrupted. More likely, the fix to
SA/RTF worked. I was getting the same error as you, and the fix
worked for me -- and my RTF filter was the same, before and after.

> Except...well, the font it gives the resultant .rtf file is
> the unbeautiful MS Serif in a sickly green-tinged black.
> There's no formatting in the file itself, just text, ... Is
> there a setting to be changed in SETTINGS.DFL or in my spiffy
> new POSTGHST.PRN (the only installed printer) that would make
> the SA/RTF output Times Roman? Or something I can change in
> the formatting of the converted file?

Try embedding  (command UF TIMES) at the top of the
source document before you do SA/RTF.

> But now the perfect customization looms: something that
> combines SA/RTF (with a Times Roman font fix) plus RENaming the
> .rtf file on a single key.

You want to REName the RTF output file to... what? [filename].RTF?
That's an easy keyboard macro. Assuming that UF TIMES has the
desired effect, the KBD file assignment would look like this (CoPy
it exactly, but carefully DELETE the three internal 's, so that
it all runs together as a single line):

nn=TFBXu,f, ,t,i,m,e,s,Q2BXs,a,Q2
BCa,e, ,s,a,/,n,e, ,',V,A,$,F,P,',
JM2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,Q2BDBDBDR,T,F,
JM2,.,s,a,/,r,t,f,Q2XC

Here's an ENCODEd version without the internal 's. Issue
DECODE, then CoPy the macro to the desired key in your KBD
file:

XPLeNCODE v2.0
b-gin [UNTITLED]
nn=TFBXu,f, ,t,i,m,e,s,Q2BXs,a,Q2BCa,e, ,s,a,/,n,e, ,',V,A,$,
F,P,',JM2,.,P,r,s,C,M,l,i,n,e,Q2BDBDBDR,T,F,JM2,.,s,a,/,r,t,f
,Q2XC[cr|lf][cr|lf]
-nd
XPLeNCODE

--