Re: XyWin Unresponsive

Reply to note from "Patricia M. Godfrey"  Sat,
10 Mar 2007 15:31:53 -0500

> I THINK clipw is one of those U2 routines (the accents are
> others) that pretty much HAS to be mapped to a key. When I run
> it from the command line, it works, in the sense that it both
> copies and pastes (though I've no idea where it pastes; just
> reports "pasted xxx bytes").

Mapping to keys is convenient and recommended, but optional. The
thing to remember is that, whether you use commands or key
assignments, CLIP is sensitive to cursor location (CMline vs text).
If the cursor is on the CMline, CLIP copies from the CMline, whether
or not text is DeFined, and pastes to the CMline. If the cursor is
in text, it copies the DeFined block (or reports an error if nothing
is DeFined).

Since ninety-nine times out of a hundred my clipboard operations are
focused on the text window, I've set up my key assignments to force
the cursor into the text area before the clipboard operation is
performed. For example, to copy and paste:

; Copy (func DZ forces cursor into text and completes the DF block):
46=NODZJM(,2,.,c,l,i,p,w,c,)
; Paste (func GT forces cursor into text):
47=NOGTJM(,2,.,c,l,i,p,w,p,)

To copy from or paste to the CMline, I issue CMline commands, or, if
I need to preserve the existing CMline, I tap my CME key to force
the CMline into a text window, use Ctrl-C or -V as necessary, then
pop the edited CMline back up with CME.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx