Re: annoyances and whatnot

re pushing text to top of screen:
We did that on purpose in XyWin because the upper half/lower half trick that
worked in DOS (where the menu itself moved) proved impracticable in Win. We
wanted to show the word being checked/thesaurusized on-screen and not hide it
under the dialog box (as was done at the time by Word and WPerf). If you
find that the lookup word is not visible, it may be that you're not running
XyWin full-screen.

re OLE: I think OLE was not implemented (or not implemented very well) at the
time we were developing XyWin. We did implement DDE, but (I think)
awkwardly.

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx