RE: printer drivers

I, too, am unable to print using XYDos 4.018 under Windows XP Home Edition with any number of printer drivers that worked in Win 98SE and Win 2000. I also can't get a text screen, which I had been able to achieve with the /e switch on startup.int or by using the Alt-Enter key. Carl was kind enough to guide me through creating a batch file to start Xy from the desktop. Thereafter, I've made all sorts of adjustments in Properties in Windows and Defaults in Xy to make a full screen, but it's a graphic, not a text view. The printer problem, however, is the most vexing.

Jim Eberle

-----Original Message-----
From: DHGlover@xxxxxxxx [mailto:DHGlover@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, December 05, 2004 10:57 AM
To: xywrite@xxxxxxxx
Subject: printer drivers

Hello all,

I've just discovered this list. It's rather splendid. I've been using XY3.5 and have it working fullscreen under Windows XP (though I have forgotten how I managed to do it). I still write in it but when it comes time to print I have to use Wordperfect to translate the text and print from there. I'm using a Brother laser printer. You think there is any way of getting a printer driver that will let me print directly from XYWrite?

Cheers,

Glover