Re: program file location

flash wrote:
Most app installation routines
provide you with a 'browse' or 'path' function to allow you to put it
somewhere else.
Oh, sure. They let you specify somewhere else. But after they've
finished installing you find that either
1) They've created duplicate directories, in both the location you
specified and the one they're set up to be in;
or
2) They just disregard your preference (what do these end-users know?) and put themselves where whichever Big Brother wrote them told them to.
And however much one would like to return it for one's money back,
sometimes one simply HAS to use that app to do one's gainful work.
If I have to fight superior forces, I prefer to do it on ground of my
own choosing--and not my "death ground," as Sun Tsu would say
(Apologies to the pacifists for the military trope.). I can live with
apps in C:\Program Files, because if I have to reinstall the opsys,
I'll probably clean out some of the apps, add others, and generally
refresh the whole megillah. But data absolutely must be on its own
logical drive. That's non-negotiable.

--
Patricia M. Godfrey
PriscaMG@xxxxxxxx