Re: Malware in Jumbo U2 version 120

Y'all,
I've said this before but I'll say it again because maybe someone missed it the first time round. On-board AV software is like closing the door after the horse has bolted. If you NEED AV software, you have already committed several cardinal sins.
Not only do AV programs often falsely flag legitimate programs, they
slow down your CPU and chat up your network. I recently purchased a
new Toshiba/Windows 8.1 wh/had McAffee pre-installed; goodness
gracious, McAffee was sending a TCP keep-alive out the wire every few
seconds! Automatic AV updates were the first thing I blocked on my
external firewall (Windows on-board firewall is useless, IMO, as it
does not filter out Windows' own garbage). I promptly uninstalled
McAffee. Peace and quiet now.
BTW automatic Windows (8.1) updates are extraordinarily difficult to
shut down. I know, there is place in the Windows settings where you
can ostensibly turn it off--it still sends miles and miles of
encrypted (TLS) packets off to microsoft and downloads something or
other. I noted at least 10 web servers Win8.1 was contacting
frequently despite automatic updates being switched off; these
servers have now been re-routed as local host (e.g., 127.0.0.1
msftncsi.com in the "host" file).