Re: Switches

At 08:20 AM 11/3/01 -0500, Bill Troop wrote:
>Now there's a dilemma. Ought it to come before
>Greek and Latin?

If my juniors are anything to go by, forget it.
Their school is heavy on computers, and they have been using the things
since kindergarten. But their idea of an OS is something with silly little
pictures to drag around, and software is something that you operate by
clicking through menus. Reading manuals? Learning acronyms? Command line?
Forget it. They see my using XYwrite, but they think I am weird.

I am afraid this is the last generation...

-- Rene von Rentzell, Tokyo