Re: shortcuts in fiction

J R FOX wrote:
whatever tech process | shortcuts | tricks
you may be employing with the software, it *should*
all become transparent to you with sufficient and
regular usage. That is to say, you will no longer
even perceive it on a conscious level, any more than
you do the mechanics of typing.
Absolutely! I think verbally, and the words are mental sounds, not pictures of the written forms. And so long as the shortcuts and the like are automatic--which means, after I've been using them awhile--I never even notice. I think "turned the investigation over to the Detective Bureau" and hit F2 D.

Patricia M. Godfrey