Association Conundrum

I have a trivial but annoying question that someone might know
the answer to. I recently had to reinstall Win98SE and all
applications. When it was all over with, I find that there is
something wrong with the file association of XyDOS 4.018. It
should be set up so that clicking on a *.xy file will open it in
XyDOS. What happens instead is that XyDOS opens in the wrong
directory and thus cannot load STARTUP.INT or the text file. If I
use the command-line parameter, setting the "open" association
(in Explorer, View menu) as
c:\xy\editor.exe %,c:\xy\startup.int
or the same thing without the percentage sign, XyDOS starts up
correctly but does not open the text file. On the other hand, the
association given above works perfectly with XYWin 4.12 and NB
5.3.

Anyone know what I should be doing?

Cheers,
--