Re: XY4 DOS Maximum File Size

If I were going to create an archive of files up to 5MB each, I would do
it in AskSam, a nifty free-form database that is routinely used for
enormous files. It has a number of other capabilities, including
hypertext that lets you jump between files, and direct import from and
export to HTML and several other formats. That would give you excellent
complex searching and reporting capabilities. If I understand correctly
that these files are unformatted and will not be edited, that is all you
need. If you intend to retrieve and manipulate documents in them, you
can always export text from AS in ASCII form, and put it right into XY.