Re: From the KBD file: What is this ?

In a message dated 11/2/01 07:01:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, jr_fox@xxxxxxxx writes:

I think what I may need to find is the Func Call for Opening a Command Window, _other than_ LB, which I already knew

My key assignments were correct: YD,XD is assigned to Shift+F1 on both the normal table and the Caps Lock table in the out-of-the-box keyboard file for Xy4DOS. I don't believe there is a function call to open a command window all by itself. BUT if you put the cursor directly over one of the little triangles and press F11 (the default in the kb file), you the command window opens. The function calls on F11 are EF,JC where EF=open the window and JC=jump over all the formatting to the first regular (printable) character. If there are formatting commands in the command window, you can open those in the same way, cascading ever-smaller command windows. I can't think of why most folks would want to do that. (The JC function call has other potential uses in XPL programs - any time you want to get to the first character and skip all the formatting.) If you, for instance, put the cursor on an LM command (left margin) and press F11, you'll get the *contents* of the LM command in t! he command window. You can edit it right there.

The commands I can think of that open a window are LB and IV. (Careful; IV doesn't create a triangle; to find it you have to use Expanded view.) There are at least a couple of others; I just can't remember them. In the case of these commands, you can provide an argument on the command line and the command window won't open.

Hope this has been of further help.

Now for the rest of the gang: can anyone post the default keyboard(s) for XyIII, Xy4DOS, Xy4DOS in XyIII emulation mode, and Xy4Win? I don't need 'em, but somebody might like to have them.

Tim Baehr