Re: From the KBD file: What is this ?

TBaehr@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Re 59=Q1,YD,XD
>
> I don't recall what Q1 means, but YD is release define and XD is either release define or close command window, depending on where you are. The command window (I'm not sure I have the right term) is that partial-screen window that comes up when you edit a header, type LB with no argument and Enter on the command line, press F11 when the cursor is over a "delta", and so on. The YD was invented so you could un-select text without closing the window.
>
> Shift+F1 is the standard Xy4 keyboard combination for closing one of these command windows. You might look at your unshifted table to see if the same code is there.
>
> It looks like your key is the same, only it's available when you have Caps Lock depressed. (A lot of the unshifted keyboard functions are duplicated in Caps Lock, for obvious reasons.)
>
> Hope this helped.
>
> Tim Baehr

At this point, I have doubts that I could locate a strictly out-of-the-box XyDOS-4 kbd file. I'm
definitely not going to find the standard assignments you quoted in mine. (I've gotten better about
documenting changes to the Kbd file over the years, but some of the stuff in there predates Xy-3,
and just kept getting carried over.) I think what I may need to find is the Func Call for Opening a
Command Window, _other than_ LB, which I already knew
about. If XD closes a Command Window, then I already have that piece of it. Would I need to have
the cursor directly on the formatting Delta, in order for this to work ?

Jordan