Re: Footnote reference numbers

Hi, Phil!

In XyWrite for Windows, the size and position of superscripts is
controlled through the default settings file (XWSET.DFL), in the
following lines:

; LH (low-high) sets super/subscript: percent size, percent up,
percent down
DF LH=80,50,22

The size of the superscript is here defined as a percentage of the
normal type size rather than as a point size all its own. My numbers
(shown above) set the size at 80% of regular type, with superscripts
printing a half-line up and subscripts printing about a quarter-line down.

However, I've just checked my settings file for XyDos 4, and I don't
find a comparable line. Since the two versions are *supposed* to be
almost identical (aside from the basic operating systems, of course!)
you could just try adding such a line to the Xy4 settings file and see
what happens. Or--more likely--some of the more knowledgeable people
on this list can offer another solution.

Good luck!

--Pam
Pamela Upton
Assistant Managing Editor