FOR CHET GOTTFRIE

XY-> Nope. You're right, XS. How could I forget? When was
 -> that, v3.50 or so? But that still makes XS the _only_

Probably around 3.54. But this is getting a little like the game,
"Cross this line, you die. Oh? Well, cross *this* line, you die."
And so what about the command pfun? I thought it rather a
convenience. Or picking up a define straight to any
SV?

XY-> What is frame F?

How can you complain about the development of 3+ and be
unfamiliar with frame F? In any case, along with text it shows
boldface terms which a user can select to either drop in text or
run code.

XY-> OK, enough talk: May I see your bulletproof routine
 -> for SEarching, from TF to BF, every occurrence of a
 -> string that user encodes in S/G 01? In form, say,
 -> like this:

Feeling a bit facetious, aren't you? I haven't come across the
app that wouldn't crash or couldn't be crashed on occasion. The
point of the original matter was deleting 3-bit codes, not
finishing your own code.

Second, if you're looking for what you don't know, there's not
much point in a search but in a test for a condition. And as 3+
can nip thru a file quickly, why not make use of it.

XY->
 ->  XP TF

-

{LB-jumpe test to get rid of 3-bit chars; Chet}XP_TF_{GL-do}

{LB-do}{SX10,{CP}}CR_{SX11,{CP}}{GL-test}

Cursor position before & after.

{LB-test}{IF{PV10}+1=={PV11}!{PV10}+2=={PV11}}{GL-do}{EI}{GL-end}

Let through 1- and 2-bit chars.

{LB-end}{IF{PV10}=={PV11}}{PRGone}{EX}{EI}{SX22,{CL}}{GL-cursor}

If equal, end XPL. And test for first col position (at which
point linear left doesn't work).

{LB-cursor}{IF{PV22}==0}EL_ER_RC_{GL-do}{EI}LL_RC_{GL-do}

Express left and then right goes to the last character of the
previous line. For this to work, there has to be at least 2 chars
on the preceding line; should be no problem since single ENTERs
pass thru.

No more 3-bit chars.

Seems to work. I tested it on XPL and something called
ctrlchar.txt. Lots of deletes. And lots of alternate ways for
accomplishing the same.

--Chet
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx  or  chet@xxxxxxxx