For Chet Gottfried Re: SEarching the unsearchable

> What? Do you think XS insignificant?

Nope. You're right, XS. How could I forget? When was that,
v3.50 or so? But that still makes XS the _only_ genuine
(non-mirage, like SU|GT) functional enhancement over the course
of almost ten years. Compared to *many* enhancements in Sig+.

And sure, III+ can handle most things; but not tersely -- it's
far more prolix than IV, IMO. For example, the simplicity of
concatenation in IV strips one huge code- bloating headache away.
 Xy4's vast proliferation of VAs makes information handling much
simpler. For example, you had to jump through bloody hoops to
extract current date information from III+; now it's just
. Easy.

What is frame F?

OK, enough talk: May I see your bulletproof routine for
SEarching, from TF to BF, every occurrence of a string that user
encodes in S/G 01? In form, say, like this:

 XP TF
 LB-Begin
 execute SEarch
 if not error
 halt on found string, await user inspection & keypress
 GL-Begin
 endif
 EXit

Something that I can throw test files at. (This is going to be
bulletproof, right? Catch *every* occurrence?
This I gotta see...)

Robert Holmgren holmgrn@xxxxxxxx