Re: Tweaking something...?

Carl Distefano wrote:

> Reply to note from "J. R. Fox"  Mon, 29 Mar 2004
> 09:51:46 -0800
>
> > I'd like to see a primer on how to move that stuff into U2.
>
> http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/xysearch.cgi?xywrite/2001/msg01062.htm

Thanks, Carl. Actually, I think that moving an "outside" XPL routine
into U2
is the least of it. I don't happen to write the code myself; I have
collected things
from various sources, and (rarely) tried to make some very minor changes
to it.
Often, something will have been posted here, perhaps on a test basis,
and it was
just a matter of decoding it and following the instructions.

However, I have various .SGT files, boilerplate type stuff, and non-XPL
programs
(string of sequential commands, with no recursion, condition testing, or
label
branching -- yeah, I know, what fun is that ? -- but it's legacy stuff,
I guess, and still
useful to me), and it's less clear to me how _that_ would go into a Help
Frame. Some
of this possibly could and should go into KBD programming (?). I know
that you
and Robert have done various monographs on these subjects. I guess if
this becomes
sufficiently important, it will be time for some remedial reading.
However, I have
not been experiencing any critical errors, attributable to OOM or
otherwise.

Jordan