Re: Tweaking something...?

Robert Holmgren wrote:

> But people need first to make a serious effort to analyze their STARTUP.INT
> files, and understand what they are loading and why they are loading it. I'm
> amazed how many people seem to imply that, well, my STARTUP been "this way" for
> X years, and "I haven't a clue what's going on".

Well, Robert, you're right of course -- but then, you usually are. The answer is,
never
underestimate the pull of inertia. And having plenty of bigger fish to fry. If
things are
working reasonably well, one gets by, one let's things slide. Until the next itch
or
opportunity to tinker comes along. (That's just me. I know your perspective is
different.)

> What's the point of using
> XyWrite, if you don't precisely control every aspect of it?

Uhm, because it's so much better than any of the alternatives, perhaps . . . ?

> Isn't that the whole and ONLY point of using XyWrite? Isn't that what we're all
> fine
> tuning over these many years?

Yes, but in that time most of us have gotten it to some comfort and serviceability
level
that may not be nearly all it could be, but is still more than satisfactory. I
still hope to
do better, but it's more of an interest than an urgent priority.

Jordan