Off Topic: ThinkPad Recommendations

This is (probably) mainly for Robert. I'm asking a couple other
places as well, but time is a factor, and an answer here will likely
come back quicker. Feel free to reply off-List, if that is your
preference.

I'm considering getting a ThinkPad -- probably T-series, since I'm
given to understand that they offer the best prospect for supporting
OS/2 | EcomStation. But for that, I would probably pass on the whole
idea. (I expect it would come preloaded with W2K or XP, which would
be relegated to very junior partner, in a dual-boot situation. Or, I
could even see scrubbing all that crap off, and going with the
Connectix emulation client for W2K, before MS renders it extinct.)

With that in mind, do you have any particular recommendations re the
configuration, for which there are many possible hardware options ?
I'm thinking that less than 512M might be a mistake, and that the 1.6G
P-4 is a reasonable choice -- not the fastest, but likely adequate for
the next few years. They do offer a better screen than the standard
1024 x 768, but this may entail smaller icons etc., which I'd rather
avoid. (Because this is an LCD screen, there would be interpolation
issues at some other resolution.)

What are the options you recommend, and which should be avoided ?
(The T-series is, of course, limited to being a 2-spindle device.)
For example, I think the built-in modem in the standard modem /
ethernet combo card may be a Win-modem. But I know there are other
such combo cards where the V.90 or V.92 is *not* a Win-modem, and both
halves of the card will have OS/2 support. I need to know exactly
what to ask for, in that regard. Better to know the make and model of
the card, though, since these days even the folks at an IBM division
may know very little pertaining to OS/2. An acceptable configuration
must support PS/2, USB (preferably 2.0), have serial and parallel
connectors (plenty of legacy hardware here), and PCMCIA card slots.

Are there any configuration considerations relative to Xy, apart from
the sort of LCD or laptop display issues that have been discussed here
?

TIA.

Jordan