Re: xy windows

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998 Mark_D_Garvey@xxxxxxxx wrote:

> One of xy's few inconveniences, for me, has been the necessity, when
> copying and pasting chunks of text from one xy window to another, to be in
> adjacent windows (i.e., you can paste into a new window only if you've just
> come from the window you're bringing text from). For whatever
> reason--looking through the intervening directory, or whatever--I very
> often end up at my destination window unable to dump the text I'd copied. I
> have to then Ctr+F10 and get myself back in order.

1) define text. (F1 at each end of defined text)
2) F2 (this establishes the defined text as a potential save-get)
3) hit a letter or number not currently being used as a save-get.
   (I use "Q") This sets up the saveget
4) either undefine text or delete it on the source file -- your
   choice
5) move to target file
6) hit alt-Q  This dumps the contents of the save-get (the
   originally defined text) into the target file at the cursor
   location.

Hope this helps . . .
George Scithers of owlswick@xxxxxxxx