Re: Xy4 on Pocket PC

> I don't understand. Why is it necessary to dump the keystrokes you're used
> to, and "anything that depends on dialogue boxes"? Doesn't the Pocket PC
> give you all 101 keys? Surely plain-vanilla keystrokes like Ctrl-P and
> Alt-F4? Dialogue boxes are text-based in Xy4, are they not, so they should
> be available on an LCD display? I must be missing something here. Please
> explain.

  Yes, I've got essentially all the keys, but doing something
like Alt-F4 or Ctrl-F4 gives you a message of "no menus loaded"
or soemthing like that -- since I took your lead and commented
out the help and mnu/dlg lines in startup.int -- in fact, didn't
even come close to having space for those anyway. The files I
loaded on the pcmcia card are editor.exe, of course, and
dict.hyp, epex800.prn, error.msg, harmon.log, lcd.dsp, the 4
pclexam.* files, pers.spl, saveget.sgt, settings.dfl, xy4.kbd,
and startup.int. Then I also just put your stack program on,
since the Ctrl-F5 command.stack no longer worked either.
  Hmmm -- since you sound like that wasn't a problem for you, I
wonder if I did something wrong when I changed the startup.int.
Don't think so, however, since when I first read your post on
that, I tried it on my desktop, since I use XY4 as the editor
for my off line reader also, and have to have a different
startup.int for that and don't need the menus, help, etc, but
did want faster boot times (since Yarn shells out XY4, then
closes it down again). Also, I had to comment out all the
references to the printer fonts and screen fonts in
settings.dfl, or it tries to find those on the boot too. Did get
the printer problems solved, but there are just a tremdous
number of key strokes which no longer work. I've redone all the
crucial ones like ^F4 and Alt-F4, but most give a "command not
recognized" or "no menus/help loaded".

BTW, your command stack replacement works quite well on my
desktop -- I noticed, however, that the regular XY4 command
stack no longer works with yours installed (I get the proper
dialogue box, but empty) so I made that ^F5 the "hint" keys
instead.