Re: Useful Utility

At 02:38 PM 4/13/2007, J R FOX wrote:
I'll tell you what would be tremendously useful: if there was some way to run ERDNT against *the other* W2K boot partition, for repair purposes. (I've always had two, one being a nominal "maintenance" partition, although it is equipped with a lot of installed app.s and utilities.) As they are both NTFS, this at least assures you of having *file-level* access, for backup or copying operations.
Again try http://www.bootdisk.com/ntfs.htm. I run a single-partition machine, but if the utility allows me to see one NTFS partition, why wouldn't it allow you to see more? The volume labels will be different from DOS (on my machine C:\ becomes D:\ from the BootCD) but you should be able to see all the volumes. Again, worth experimenting. Maybe Harry has multiple partitions and can test it. Michael Norman