Re: Two or more Xys open

Robert wrote:

But what might be fruitful to do would be to open the two different files in both iterations, and perform the COMP (actually, the FD/FM) in both iterations, *with this difference*: Xy1 would focus on Document1, while Xy2 would focus on Document2. Then, if you perform a simultaneous compare in both iterations, they will both stop in the same spot, except that one iteration will show Document1, while the other iteration will display Document2 -- you can see right away what the actual difference is!
That's a brilliant idea!
If you want to get a barebones sense of what GoXy can do, download it and skim Go.TXT: http://users.datarealm.com/xywwweb/Go.ZIP
Okay, I looked at it. The text is oriented to WordPerfect--I suppose that the same stuff applies for GoXy?
> I don't see how the XPL > code in one Xy could "know about" what's going on in another Xy iteration. It can't. It doesn't. But when the various iterations are synchronized, i.e. identical, what you do in one session applies equally in any other.
Right.
That's why DUO works. And it does work -- like magic!
But the magic is not available yet, right? Harry Binswanger hb@xxxxxxxx