Re: Two or more Xys open

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on Fri, 04 Nov 2005
01:03:48 -0500

> The text is oriented to WordPerfect--I suppose that
> the same stuff applies for GoXy?

Yes. Identical capabilities. There is very little in that doc that is
WP-specific, and nothing in the executable itself.

> the magic is not available yet, right?

"Any day now."

The COMP idea that I sketched is not in U2; it's just an example of what you
might do with multiple iterations. I think it would probably be trivial to
build a macro that would perform cross-iteration comparisons, but I haven't
attempted it, because it would be quite personalized -- everybody has a
different KBD file. A keystroke stuffer doesn't deal in XyWrite functions and
variables; it just "punches" physical keys (actually, pokes virtual keys into
the keyboard buffer), and those would differ with each installation. For
example, what key combo toggles between AdjacentScreens (underlying func AS)?
GoXy would need to know for COMP, need to have that combo available to it *in
the control language of GoXy* -- and my experience is, for many users, that
sort of (even one-time) configuration is asking a lot. If I was really
ambitious, I'd build a program that would analyze the KBD file, and table the
physical location of the most important functions: BC, XC, Enter, ,
AS, etc etc. Then GoXy could simply consult the table, hands-off.

Sounds like a lot of work...

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx