Tame, Dos Box

Tame report. Ver 4.41 with Xywrite1.reg all but cleared up the jerkiness in
the DosBox. Scrolling and cursor movement are almost as smooth as the
DosBox in W98SE. There is only the slightest trailing effect holding down
the cursor R/L/U/D keys, pixel wisps, I'll call them. But they pose no
distraction during work. Scrolling too seems smooth, and I tested both with
small, medium and large files. I use the raster fonts (Same as fixed
fonts?) and noticed when I switched to Lucinda that the line-end character
turned from a backward arrow to a box, just as others have noticed. I have
not yet tested all the keys and all the keystroke combos in my keyboard
file, but I will this week and early next, one at a time, especially the NI
keys, and will offer a full report on any problems. NB: you may have to
increase cursor speed in the windows control settings.

I'm having two other problems with the Dos Box in XP, not related to Tame.
1. Filling the screen, the whole screen, as I am able to do in W98. In W98 I use 10X23 (a Uwe Seiber font) and it fills the screen, a 17-inch monitor running at 800X600. In XP using the same settings, I get a three-quarter screen. In XP there are two ways, I think, to fiddle with this. First is the pif file, where in the general and in the screen tab I have both set for a window. Then, after launching the program, I go up to the title bar and call up the properties dialog. Two tabs in that dialog box, Font tab and Layout tab, give you a number of choices. In font you will see the many choices for size (and a choice of Lucinda TT or Raster fonts) and under the layout tab, there are screen buffer, window size and window position. I have tried many different combinations here and none cure the problem. Question: what does screen buffer do and should it be coordinated with another setting? Same question for the window size box.
2. The only way so far that I've gotten a full screen was to pick a very
large font, 12X27 in 800X600. And then the cursor disappears for three
lines at the bottom of the screen. I suspect that answer to this may be in
SL=xx, which I'll test tomorrow. The larger fonts give you fewer lines
so... At all events, the same thing happens with 10X23 in the three quarter
screen; cursor disappears for two lines. Did not have any of this in W98.

Thanks.

Michael Norman