Re: Xy on XP

I have used various XP setups. The current ones are Sony laptops:

VAIO PCG-V505
XP Pro SP1
BIOS    Phoenix Technologies LTD R0031G2, 10/6/2003 version 2.3

and VAIO  VGN-TX650P
XP Pro SP2
BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD R0031V1 8/5/2005 Version 2.3

Running XY4 windowed, both had jerky cursor problems without Tame, currently Tame 4.5e.

They both still have a few other quirks that are manageable. Sometimes a chunk of text highlights itself. (I don't know what triggers it, but the chunk of text is somewhere the cursor isn't.) It's easily solved by pressing F3.

And sometimes during a long Windows session, the cursor slows down and navigating the Microlytics Thesaurus becomes impossible with the arrow keys. . I haven't narrowed down whether it's after Eudora or having Firefox open for a while, but I'm sure it's an after-effect of some memory hogging program. I reboot when I become sufficiently impatient.

Jon Pareles

..

Be a chatter box. Enjoy http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman12/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://messenger.yahoo.com with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.