Re: Xy4 Setup

On 01/06/99 at 11:19 AM,
  "Harrison, Shawn"  said (in so many
words):

<- In Xy3, when I'm editing in non-expanded mode, I can type an embedded
<- code right into the text, i.e., . At the first chevron, the
<- program will highlight it and say "Invalid formatting command", but I
<- can type the rest of the code, and at the last chevron, the program
<- will interpret it for me.

<- When I try to do the same thing in Xy4, the program beeps, moves the
<- cursor, and doesn't let me continue entering my code. This is rather
<- annoying. Is there some way to make it operate as in Xy3?

I'm not sure why you want to do this and I don't a true override but you
could try typing it backwards starting with the final guillement. (Or,
of course, enter it on the command line)

--
                     Regards,
                     David

Spoil the child/Spare the rod/Open up the caviare/And say Thank God.
	--Noel Coward
"What would life be without arithmetic, but a scene of horrors?"
            -Rev. Sydney Smith, letter to young lady, 22 July 1835

David Auerbach              David Auerbach
Department of Philosophy & Religion
NCSU
Box 8103
Raleigh, 27695-8103