Re: Printers and XyWrite

Paul writes:
≪ My experience is that newer Deskjets work generally on the older Deskjet
 drivers (e.g. hpdj500.prn) but not all features of newer printers may be
 controlled unless you add code for them. What problems are you having,
 exactly?
 Regards,
 Paul Ambos
 pambos@xxxxxxxx ≫

Daniel Say's earlier response gave me a lot of information to digest, and I
downloaded the newer driver (hpdj660c.prn), which acts about the same as the
old (hpdj550.prn) with my HP DeskJet 720C.

The problem is that the file will print (after a considerable wait of a
minute or more), but it prints a couple of lines and then spits out the page,
prints a couple more, and so on. A maddening waste of paper, just trying to
troubleshoot it, so I suppose that's why I gave up long ago. I'd love to
resolve this.

Could this call for some minor revision within the printer file or my default
settings? I'd be willing to set up Ghostscript if necessary, but maybe that
is not necessary for basic printing of draft copies (which is all I really
need from XyWrite these days).

Thanks for responding, Daniel and Paul.

Jeff Seager