Re: UltraVision

cld@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Forward from Michael Norman:
>
> I use XyDos w/Ultravision on a 15-inch desktop monitor
> and when I upgrade systems I will stick with the 15-inch
> (NEC E500) because the dos characters look great and
> allow me to spend six to eight hours a day composing text
> without eye strain (grey characters on a dark blue
> background). But I recently inherited an IBM laptop and
> tried UV for laptops, but could get only 3/4 of the
> screen. So on the laptop I use XyDos in a window with
> large characters and can work well with it. UV code
> apparently does not work with laptop graphics boards in
> the post VGA super-VGA era.

Following up on my earlier post, I ran "Ultravision" by my favorite
meta-search engine, and found that a lot of companies are now using the
name -- everything from contact lens mfr.s to ISPs. But I did find the
link below. It would be worth finding out if this product / Co. are
still around, and if this is the latest version available.

Michael Norman mentioned that he had tried UV on a laptop, but it was
not entirely clear if he was referring to this (apparent)
laptop-specific version. Perhaps something was changed to address the
improving standards in laptop graphics displays ?

Jordan Fox

http://information.software-directory.com/software-2.cdprod1/010/100.Laptop.UltraVision.Version.212.shtml