Re: Xy Manuals Online

Robert Holmgren writes of XyWin 4.12 as

>a file that TTG isn't developing any further

Ah. I see. I hadn't known. I had rather got that impression, but there
is a button on TTG's website that seems to promise information on something
called XyWrite--although it doesn't provide any. Meanwhile, though
SmartWords is described in terms of mindnumbing abstractness, Kenneth
Frank's answers here to my questions about it were direct and
encouraging--perhaps it's really XyWrite 5.

If 4.12 is as far as "XyWin" has got and is likely to go, how about Xy4DOS?
 I have 4.016 but gave up using it for three reasons, one of which was that
it was noticably more buggy than XW4.12. Does anyone know what the latest
version of XyDOS is?

People sometimes ask me what WP software I use. One reason I'm happy to
answer that it's XyWrite is that (mean bastard that I am) chances are less
than 1% that I'll be asked for advice on *their* problems. I add comment
to the effect that Xy is a wonderful program to use for writing (i) but a
pain to learn (ii). (I say (i) truthfully; I rather exaggerate (ii).)
Perhaps my descriptions are found intriguing; anyway, I've been asked how
much XyWin costs. Is it even possible to buy it these days?
Peter Evans