Re: A minor change to U2: decode

** Reply to message from Harry Binswanger  on
Mon, 01 Sep 2008 18:19:53 -0400

> Well, I never do multiple decodes, so I'll keep it for my use only.

Don't. *Other* people send you multiple encoded stuff; then
you'll say it "doesn't work", and we'll go into hours of
debugging, only to find out... at great length... after a
miserable waste of time. Very irritating.

The "teensy" addition of TF is a mistake -- and for what
benefit, exactly?

Do not modify our stuff. We don't pretend that it is perfect,
but we understand why it is the way it is, how to fix it, and
why it misbehaves -- and you don't. If you modify our stuff,
don't come to us for help. Period. I used to think that it was
all open for modification, because that, after all, is the
beauty of XyWrite, right? I no longer think that way. Most
users don't have a clue. Not even the tiniest clue. This level
of XPL is waaaay over everybody's head. If you don't like our
routines, write your own.

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx