Re: For you keyboard geeks...

Nice idea, but why has no one yet come up with some way for removable
media (floppies, CD/DVD-R/RWs, ZIP disks, Flash drives, whatever) to
display their contents on their face? Or even some sort of quick and
dirty reader box that you could stick them in and get a Dir list without
turning on your PC? Yeah, I know, you're supposed to write the contents
on them. First of all, even a floppy often has too many files to fit on
a label; CDs and ZIPs are impossible. And then there's Murphy's law of
labels: whenever you're madly copying files to a disk before running
someplace, you can NEVER find a label or a pen.
Heck, I cannot even find a decent cataloguing program. I've got about
100 CDs and 50 ZIP disks here, and some have 15 copies of the same file,
but some other files exist in only one copy, and I cannot find which
disk it's on.

Patricia M. Godfrey