LINE SPACING

I would like to use double spacing for editing text. But when I enter the LS 2
command and my text is double-spaced on screen, the cursor moves to the blank
line between lines of text when scrolling. To be more specific, the cursor not
only moves to the blank line, but it jumps to the extreme left. This makes it
impossible to work in this mode. Is there a way to fix this? I have thumbed
through my manual and a couple of books, but am still at a loss. Thanks.