Re: Lines in Startup.Int

Reply to note from jr_fox@xxxxxxxx Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:07:00 -0400

-> > You have to copy XYWWWEB.INF to the directory indicated in the
-> > first User Variable in frame {{5Help,Link}}; by default, it's the
-> > same directory as EDITOR.EXE. Check to see that you have the
-> > latest version of .INF in that directory.
->
-> This turned out to be the cause. I have two Xy4DOS installs on
-> separate partitions. ... I had more than one .U2 or .INF file.
-> Not sure how this happened, but that variable -- which I did
-> not know about until you mentioned it -- must have been
-> pointing to one of the older files. ... I will now adjust that
-> frame variable accordingly.

I suggest leaving the User Variable as is and locating XYWWWEB.U2 and
...INF in the same directory as the active EDITOR.EXE in both
installations. The UserVar automatically points to that location,
whatever the drive letter.

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxx