Re: RE Which Computer

** Reply to message from Paul Breeze  on Sat, 8 Oct
2005 13:43:45 +0100

>> You don't need EMS to run XyWrite.  It only assists the Speller.  And only
the
>> non-U.S.English Microlytics dictionaries really *require* EMS.

> This is exactly why I would like access to EMS.

It seems to me that we've been around this issue with you more than twice (a
lot more). Is it still unresolved? Perhaps your machine simply canNOT install
EMS, which means that you can't install EMS -- which means there's no point
raising the issue again. Have you tried disabling USB bootability in the BIOS?
We can't begin to deal with this without knowing the age and manufacturer of
machine, type of processor, manufacturer & type of BIOS, BIOS revision number
and date, etc. And even with that info, unless someone here has the identical
machine/BIOS (which is very possible) *and* knows the answer, then there's
little that we can do which you can't do yourself: go to Google and try to
dope it out...

Is this still -- same as two years ago -- a P4 with an Award Modular Bios
v6.00PG, version 07/31/2003-i856G-6A79AG0FC-00 ? At that time, you wrote back
to me: "You were right about the USB bios stealing my expanded memory. If I
disable USB, then expanded memory returns." So saith XySearch. What is new or
different now?

Robert Holmgren
holmgren@xxxxxxxx