Re: XyWin

A _GUI_ 32-bit version of XyWrite? You mean, about as GUI as the Windoze
version except 32-bit, or do you mean _really_ GUI, object-oriented? GUI is
great when you don't really care that much, or don't do it often. I mean, an
Icon Editor or a Fax manager -- who cares. But I feel their inadequeacies very
much when we start getting into realms like font handling and comm programs;
and as for WPs, forget it. Have you looked at DeScribe? There's a
full-feature demo floating around that's crippled on disk-writes only,
otherwise you can play with it. I thought it was interesting, but ... I don't
sit in my basement pretending I'm a glossy magazine. That's what these WPs are
suited for. Headlines, art, puff -- silly stuff.