Footer in Xy4

Thanks, Carl, for your quick response.

That's magic!
I didn't nothing. Just I switched on my computer few minutes ago and tried:
no problem at all.
The unexplainable thing is that yesterday, when I had the problem with Xy4
Win, I immediately made tests with Xy4 Dos, using a file created "on the
fly" (just ≪rfo....≫, ≪rfe...≫, one word, and ≪pg≫ several times):
and it gave same erratic results. Obviously Xy4 Win and Xy4 Dos are in
different directories, and nothing is in common between them (except for
the dictionaries and btfonts).
For now it's a mistery...

But I encountered another problem: in my office (this morning) and at home
(now). I tested this only with Xy4 Win (4.12 in office, 4.13 at home). My
long file starts with footer on page #4 (on pages 1 to 3 no footer is
present); the footers, like your test, Carl, is just the page number
printed on the left or on the right depending on odd/even pages. I need to
print odd pages first, and later (after have put the printed odd pages
again into the printer) the even ones. The surprise is that the first page
printed in this second turn is the page "4" (first even page in which the
footer is present), not the page "2" (no footer present). Setting sq=1 or
sq=0 seems not to change the starting printed page. The print comamnds were
sent via menu, not the command line.
Carl, can you confirm, or clarify where I'm wrong?
Thanks in advance.

Adriano Ortile
ortile@xxxxxxxx