Re: Email and Xy

On 19 Oct 00, at 12:46, Harry Binswanger wrote:

> Frank H. wrote about Outlook:
>
> "it's the ONLY mail package that allows me to insert text directly
> from XyWrite. Eudora doesn't do it as smoothly or as fast."
>
> This topic does relate to our list, and I am curious about it. I use
> Eudora and import Xy files, occasionally, by the following steps, after I
> have used ctrl-N to open a new email window in Eudora:
>   1. control-o to open a file,
>   2. locating the Xy file in the awkward Explorer-type window
>   3. open the file (which appears in a separate window),
>   4. ctrl-a to select all
>   5. ctrl-c to copy
>   6. grab mouse to close this window
>   7. answer the resulting "save, abandon, cancel " prompt
>   8. ctrl-v to paste the Xy file into the Eudora window.
>
> I find this procedure bearable, but would like an easier and faster one.
> Does Outlook offer such?

I use Pegasus.

I press Ctrl-M and type the file name, rather as one types ME in XyWrite to
import the contents of another file.

I've avoided Outlook because of virus problems.

I quite liked the Netscape e-mail editor, but it has no way to import a text
file other than the cumbersome Windows "copy/paste", which I find annyoing.
Once you've learnt to do things the easy way, with XyWrite, it's very hard to
learn to do them the hard way, with Windows.

Keep well,

Steve Hayes
E-mail: shayes@xxxxxxxx
  Web: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/7734/steve.htm