Re: Email and Xy

   I have used XyWrite for email for years with no problem.

   Initially I write my text in Xywrite, and format it for
   margins, etc, (although I do not expect the email to
   maintain other marks)

   For sending to anyone with XyWrite, of course the text can
   be sent with the xywrite formatting intact and as an
   attachment.

   For sending to others, I simply finish any text in xywrite
   (with or without the formatting I have chosen)

   In the beginning (circa mid 1980's) I used Compuserve, which
   was text based anyway, and XyWrite II. When the internet
   became more accessible I still used a text based email
   program (pine, actually). Then when Web was created
   eventually switched to Eudora.

   The process is quite simple and would be feasable with
   Carl's multiple press releases as well.

   When you have the body of your email in XyWrite:

   1.	Load "Email.prn" or the equivalent in Xy4 (I still use
   3.53). For the uninitiated, this strips un-needed and
   unsendable formatting, and adds CR/LF at the end of each
   line to format for margins.

   2.	TypeF to a file. (I usually use the suffix ".EML" for
   this so I can distinguish them from other text files. For
   instance this file is saved as "TESTEUD" and will be printed
   to a file as "TESTEUD.EML"

   3.	Switch to Eudora. I haven't tried this on my laptop with
   Win95 (no modem) but on this machine am running Windows 3.11
   and it switches instantly.

   4.	Do your message thing, put the to, from and subject lines
   in, then click for attachments. In the resulting box simply
   type in the name of the file you just created (TESTEUD.EML).

   5. That's it. EXCEPT

   6.	BEFORE you do number 4, the options in Eudora should be
   set to "Put text attachments in body of message"

   I have also handled multiple "sends" of this manner, even
   varying the text slightly between sends. (I just retested it
   on my own account to make sure I'm still doing it
   corerectly). In fact, if you use NO foprmatting in your
   original XyWrite text and double spacve between paragraphs,
   you can include the original xywrite file without going
   through the typef step.

   Note that YOU DO NOT SEE THE TEXT in Eudora, but as long as
   the option (above) is checked, and Eudora shows the
   attachment on its lst (below the subject line) it will be
   inserted as though you wrote the text into the letter with
   formatting intact and NOT as an "attachment".

   regards
   -pjd