Re: Xy III & Faulty Memory?--original thread!

Happily, Xy4 can be set up to emulate XyIII (tho you lose some functionality).
I've found that the CUA we implemented for Signature (and hence Xy4) at IBM's
behest has been to my advantage. I use several programs, and it's handy to
have Xy4 mostly keystroke-compatible and menu-compatible with Windows programs
-- even tho some things could have been better implemented all around. (In
XyIII I had F4 as a shift key, and could mark text intuitively with F4 + S for
sentence, W for word, L for line, G for paraGraph, and so on. The F keys were,
of course, on the left where God intended them to be :-)

Tim Baehr
tbaehr@xxxxxxxx

No quote, but only out of laziness.