XYWRITE FOR OS/2

XY-> Paul Leuba, Technical Support:

XY-> However Windows 95 is a tremendous improvement over ver 3.1x. And I believ
 -> that it will compare favorably with OS/2. Presently I am using the Final
 -> Beta
 -> as my de facto operating system at home and I am quite pleased with its
 -> performance. I think that it can best be described as a hybrid between
 -> the MAC OS and OS/2

Win95 will be an even bigger disaster than OS/2 (if one judges
disasters by the number of patches, fixes, and misc., that crop
up on BBSs) if only that there is that much software available
for Win 3.1.

I remember when Win 3.0 succeeded Win 386: Everyone was wildly
enthusiastic and there were fanatic Harmons for it too. When
I reported incompatibilities with HP's Scan Gallery and Corel
Draw, people told me that it had to be my setup. Later I got
phone calls from Microsoft urging me to telephone HP for a
software fix.

Each new bloated operating system is a nightmare for the users.

Moreover, why is Microsoft including something like 50 different
versions of Win 3.1 with its Win 95 SDK? Backward compatibility
will be an overwhelming feature for a long time to come.

--Chet

P.S. Bad day between Corels 4 & 5 and AI 4.03.
---
 ? SLMR 2.1a ? Art + write + dtp = chet.gottfried@xxxxxxxx