Re: Sort makes items disappear

Carl wrote, re my SORT problems:
Rename STARTUP.INT, start rebuilding your setup from scratch, until the
problem resurfaces... that sort of thing.
Right you were. I did the diagnosing and pinned it down to this in
SETTINGS.DFL:
DF SK=5,30
I don't know where that 5,30 came from, but I finally figured out its effect: the entries "missing" after SORT were duplicates that Xy dutifully deleted! I hadn't even noticed that there were dupes in the list. So even after looking at what SK, it was a few minutes before I realized the significance of the "5."
In other words: DUMB USER ERROR. Lesson: all Xywriters should check their
SK settings.

Thanks so much Carl!

Harry Binswanger
hb@xxxxxxxx